The Electro-Mechanic is responsible for keeping Hood Container facilities operational by performing a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment, always promoting, and practicing safety, and contributing to the continuous improvement of plant equipment by finding ways to eliminate unscheduled downtime and efficiency. The Electro-Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining the high standards of conduct set forth by the Company and staying current on all new OSHA regulations and safety trends.
The Electro-Mechanic will report to the Maintenance Manager.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow procedures to perform required PM programs and general maintenance tasks including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repairs.
2. Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics for troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment.
3. Use and troubleshoot variable speed AC and DC drive controllers. Understand servo motion controls, incremental and absolute position encoders, and resolvers.
4. Analyze and repair PLC controlled equipment using the appropriate techniques and peripheral equipment.
5. Conduct root cause failure analysis and use problem solving techniques to ensure effective repairs on equipment.
6. Document all work performed in a timely, accurate and detailed manner using the current maintenance system and other reporting structures as determined by the supervisor.
7. Work to continuously improve the machines and the standardized procedures used to maintain them. Demonstrated ability to communicate your ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
8. Has a clear understanding of production goals.
9. Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
10. Understand, identify, and take steps to prevent quality defects through performance of quality checks.
11. Performs, handles, and use all tools safely. Follows OSHA and Hood Corporation’s standards, including energy isolation.
12. Overtime may be required occasionally.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience and/or training in a production environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to use a tape measure and other measuring devices.
· Read schematics.
· Troubleshoot and repair problems.
· Knowledge and the ability to use power tools.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Basic carpentry, plumbing, welding, HVAC, and Electrical skills.
· Comprehension of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical prints.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Troubleshooting skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – NA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, which do not affect performance or cost standards, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required.
The access to the primary work environment is ground level.
Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses, earplugs or earmuffs and safety shoes are required to perform job tasks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Safety and security – Observe safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
· Leadership – Establishes high morale throughout staff by showing fairness, consistency, and support of co-workers.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit.
· Training and Mentoring – Effectively trains and mentors employees on the proper setup, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
· Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
· Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
· Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics.
· Judgment – Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL POLICY
Employment with Hood Container Corporation is voluntarily entered into, and employees are free to resign at will at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, Hood Container Corporation may terminate the employment relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
This policy supersedes all existing policies and practices and may not be amended or added to without express written approval of the Chief Executive Officer of Hood Container Corporation.
NATURE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements made in this job description are not intended to create a contract. The job should not be construed to constitute contractual of any kind or a contract of employment between Hood Container Corporation and an applicant or employee. The provisions of this job description have been developed at the discretion of Hood Container Corporation.