Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development, and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real estate. Target markets include, but are not limited to; South Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use, and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996 the company has deployed in excess of $3.2 billion in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The Project Manager will assist Ram's South Florida development team in the execution of multifamily and mixed-use projects under development. As the owners representative, the Project Manager is directly responsible for executing projects on time and on budget, with a deep commitment to ensuring quality standards, budgets and schedules are met or exceeded. Projects include garden style, mid-rise and high-rise rental apartments. Mixed use projects and stand-alone retail projects. Experience in wood frame multifamily and mixed-use projects is strongly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Project a positive public image through project appearance and personal relationships
· Liaison with all internal Ram customers, particularly the Developer and/or Asset Manager.
· Coordinate work of all internal and external parties involved in the project including, Architect, Civil, GC, Subcontractors, Public Agencies, Marketing, Property Management, and others.
· Assist Development Director in project design and programming through plan review and analysis, constructability review and feedback, means/methods analysis, and construction phasing and planning. Attend design review and planning meetings as necessary, monitor design quality and Ram design standards.
· Provide budget estimates through all phases of design completion, from concept to CD's
· Manage and develop construction budget, VE and Alternate options, and assist Development Director in selection of project material and finish specifications.
· Vet and select General Contractor (and other contractors) for project execution.
· Draft and review all contracts to vendors, consultants, contractors, etc.
· Provide input on overall development schedule as it pertains to construction pricing and execution schedule.
· Meet with inspection authorities to discuss and plan project inspections, jurisdictional requirements, close-out needs, etc.
· Manage and direct all components and phases of construction of project. Provide direction and oversight of all contractors working on project, enforce contracts, evaluate change orders, and prepare for owner execution (where necessary).
· Ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications.
· Provide quality control for completed work.
· Manage and oversee Architect / Design Team to ensure they are working toward project goals.
· Provide oversight on construction schedule to ensure schedule compliance.
· Monitor construction budget/costs and manage project cost tracking (hard cost items) for Development Director review and analysis.
· Assist in Risk Management by reviewing and enforcing insurance requirements, bonding evaluations, and similar.
· Manage punch list and close out processes as it relates to occupancy, warranty, asset disposition, and ongoing operations.
· Support GC Efforts to promote safety.
· Be an energetic and enthusiastic team member.
These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted above.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
· Ten years of related commercial construction experience. Experience in the Southeast strongly preferred.
· Strong project management experience, including selecting, contracting, and managing consultants, design professionals and general contractors, preferably for projects with a total capitalization of at least $35 million.
· Proficiency in reading, analyzing, and interpreting blueprints, building codes, specifications, regulations.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
· Travel to job sites required including occasional overnight trips.
These characteristics and skills are essential for success in this role:
· Ability to perform calculations necessary to produce or interpret budgets, budget forecasts, discounts, percentages, costs per square foot, and other basic algebraic functions. Ability to create basic formulas for spreadsheet applications. Proficiency with Excel essential.
· Ability to manage all internal and external relationships in a professional manner.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to effectively present information in public and professional forums, potentially including local government hearings and community meetings.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple construction projects annually (depending on size), budgeting and administration, maintaining positive relationships with multiple contractors.
· Ability to understand critical path schedules and evaluate progress against the schedule; accurately forecast completion independently of other reports.
These characteristics are highly valued throughout the Company and essential for all team members:
· High degree of professionalism.
· Commitment to quality and a constant desire for improvement.
· Being open-minded and willing to learn.
· Humility and an ability to admit I don't know or I made a mistake.
· Knowing when and how to ask for help.
· Adaptability and flexibility.
· A deep belief in the importance of putting the team first.
· A strong sense of respect for self and others.
· An unwavering commitment to integrity (no matter the perceived short-term cost).
Please note: The Team Member Description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.