Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in related field preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge of applications in web environments; ability to analyze processes and identify areas for improvement; ability to translate logic to solve application problems; understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle; working knowledge of relational database design, including tables, views and indexes; ability to communicate effectively and to work well with others; strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools; and ability to work across functional boundaries and interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for the design, development, testing, and implementation of applications, primarily in PeopleSoft, and Web environments.
1. Design, develop, test, and implement applications while maintaining enhancements and developing new functionality to optimize existing intranet and internet solutions.
2. Design and implement applications systems, create applications system documentation, and resolve problems when they occur on existing systems.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of the departmental budget.
4. Facilitate continuous improvement opportunities of program and project management methods based on organizational need.
5. Conduct analysis of application systems.
a. Report status on assigned tasks.
b. Perform feasibility studies and requirement analysis.
c. Assist or train other team members in resolving application problems.
6. Maintain a high degree of technical competence in programming and system analysis.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of vendor supplied software/utilities pertinent to position functions.
8. Provide world-class customer service.
a. Demonstrate any new or enhanced system to users.
b. Work with user and technical teams in a professional manner.
c. Consult with management to get approval for new applications.
d. Contribute to project management requirements.
e. Participate in status meetings.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Possible prolonged exposure to cold and noise in a server machine room. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.