The Sr. Software Engineer will design, develop and maintain our platform. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application development activities.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
- Partner with multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects or programs across an application family.
- Ensure the quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors' technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects or programs for an application family.
- Function as a team leader for a large or complex unit with accountability for Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. The key aspect of this is "tech debt" removal when possible.
- Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- Implement actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on the team. Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Partner with architects to set the direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of multiple technology suites
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or the equivalent of education and experience
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives; Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry; Familiar with working in a vendor partner model
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Strong mentoring skills; Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet project deadlines
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
- Proven experience with Enterprise Java, Spring, relational and Mongo NoSQL and Oracle databases, Kafka, CI/CD tools and practices, Enterprise architecture patterns, cloud tools and technology, and automated testing tools and practices.
- Track record of success in applying agile principles and practices to deliver value regularly.
This role is located onsite, which means that most work is expected to be performed at a Cigna office location, but some work may be performed at home. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they come onsite. Currently, due to the pandemic, we are encouraging all employees to remain working from home and all onsite meetings require a virtual option. However, we expect that this role will return to being performed primarily at an office location in the future.
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation's health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you'll be empowered to solve the problems others don't, won't or can't. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.