Inflight Services Supervisor - PHL
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand, days and hours of work in the office environment are based on a rotating schedule)
- Reports To: Manager of Inflight Operations
- Direct Reports: Varies per month
- Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required (up to 50% of the work week)
Let your career
with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k with company match
- American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Inflight Supervisor directly reports to their Manager of Inflight Operations and is responsible to support, engage, coach, and develop a high performing team of Flight Attendants. They provide operational support working in the terminal, at the gates, or on the aircraft to decrease delays and enhance customer service. This is a high-energy, fast-paced job that is responsible for providing essential support for the operation and frontline Inflight Employees (Flight Attendants).
- Model’s PSA’s core values by being an approachable and visible leader who fosters trust and respect with their team.
- Responsible for addressing and improving employee performance in the areas of customer service, safety, appearance, conduct, dependability and attendance through actions including recognition, coaching, and verbal and/or written delivery of corrective action when necessary.
- Promotes health, wellness, and safe work practices.
- Acts as a liaison between Inflight, other departments and Station Personnel.
- Provides InFlight assistance and support for inbound and outbound flights, e.g.; Flight Attendant injuries and aircraft emergencies.
- Responds quickly and effectively to unplanned events encountered in a fast-paced Aviation environment to include handling Crew conflict, and emergency situations.
- Provides feedback to the Inflight Services Base Managers regarding employee performance and attendance.
- Tracks and follows up on delays that have been coded to Inflight to affect a positive change in key performance indicators (KPI)
- Conducts daily Concourse audits in the terminal which includes; meeting crew on the aircraft on the concourse, providing recognition for Flight Attendants, ensuring FA tablets are updated and compliant, and supporting the operational needs of Station and Crew.
- Acts as a liaison between Inflight Operations and the Inflight Standards and Training groups to ensure that best practices are implemented, and to provide feedback regarding implementation and performance of new or changed policies procedures.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Previous leadership experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Must be able to qualify as a Flight Attendant and retain Check Flight Attendant qualification on all aircraft types
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
- Previous aviation experience
- Previous experience supervisory and/or managing in a union environment
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
- Engaging Communicator
- Results Drive
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
- Problem solving
- Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Coaching & Development
- Driving Excellence
- Facilitating Change
- Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the Duty Manager will handle and re-assign tasks
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.